Dental veneers :
Everybody wants a perfect pearly white smile which can boost their confidence, catch the attention and admiration of the audience and make them the talk of the town.
Your teeth are an integral part of your personality thus becomes an attractive and attentive feature of your face. However, every dentist receives common complaints from patients that they don’t have white teeth or that they have crooked or misaligned teeth.
What is the easiest way to prevent any tooth deformities which lessens your ability and attractiveness? Yes these are the Dental Veneers.
What are Veneers?
Dental veneers are thin covers which are placed over your teeth and apparently hides your chipped teeth or misshaped ,discolored or malaligned teeth. They are adhered to your natural teeth to give a more good and esthetic appearance.
Where can be Dental veneers used?
- Veneers can be used in discolored or stained teeth which cannot be whitened by bleach.
- Can be used in chipped off or attrited or worn off teeth.
- Can be used in cases of diastema or other gaps present in your teeth.
- Can be used in tooth shape or size or number deformity.
So, what are veneers made of?
There are various types of veneers like of porcelain and composites which can very in prices and durability.
Porcelain veneers are made of porcelain and are thin shell like covers custom made to fit on the tooth. They are durable, strong and have a natural finish. They have an aesthetic appearance and do not get stained easily.
Composite resin veneers are another type of veneers which are made from a tooth colored filling material bonded directly to the tooth. They are easy and quick to be made and requires less time in fabrication. They are generally not as strong and durable as porcelain veneers and can get fractured or wear off easily.
How are Dental veneers made ?
Porcelain veneers are made by removing some part of the crown to make room for the veneers, impression is taken and then the cast is sent to the dental lab for fabrication of porcelain veneers which takes time. After that these are finished, polished and tried on the patient for retention fit and aesthetics. Finally they are bound by sealants.
Composite veneers are made by just removing a small part of your crown and sculpting the proper shade of composite over your tooth and curing with light which hardens the material and give a proper finish. Finishing and polishing is done later on to smoothen out the margins and give an aesthetic appearance .
Advantages of Dental veneers :
- Veneers are low cost treatment for patients and can be a choice for people who don’t want to spend a lot of money.
- They give a natural aesthetic appearance to your mouth and do not hamper your oral tissues.
- They take less time for fabrication and can be easily bonded on your tooth surface.
Disadvantages of Dental veneers :
- Veneers can’t be used in patients who have clenching and grinding habits or bruxism.
- Veneers becomes loose with time as in one year or two years it requires rebonding and adjustment.
- Veneers can chip off or break under pressure like biting your fingernails and chewing on hard objects .
- Veneers require a lot of maintenance , brushing and flossing is very important because you can still get cavities under your veneers.
How Today’s Dental can help you –
We at todays dental are very much concerned for the better treatment of our patients and to provide them a good atmosphere for there good dental experience. Our dentist are expertise in placing veneers and with the different veneers options patient have choices to select for a good treatment plan .
Book your appointment at today’s dental at the earliest so that we can help you provide a good dental experience within your time constraints and can provide a good guidance for your future dental concerns.